January 26th in Australia means different things to different people, but overwhelmingly it is a national public holiday that marks the 1788 founding of the colony of New South Wales. But you don't have to be from NSW to celebrate! Here at Cubic Promote we are inundated with requests for true blue merchandise every January. Popular products to gift for the Australia Day holiday include items like flags, lapel pins, stubby coolers, bucket hats, suncreen and fans.
Promotional Items Branded For Aussies
When you're preparing for Australia Day, it's important to ensure you make smart choices when it comes to the promotional merchandise you hand out. Some of the factors our clients tend to consider include the following:
- Handy – Aussies like to have products that are convenient to carry around, especially when they're heading to a BBQ! Products that include hooks or lanyards are great for Australia Day celebrations and recipients can keep them on their person at all times.
- Useful – It's important to choose decorated merchandise that you know will come in handy during a hot summer day. Products such a water bottles, caps, hats, umbrellas and backpacks are bound to get a work out when your recipients get out and about.
- Durable – On an occasion like Australia Day things are bound to get boisterous! Combine this with our arid climate and it's important that your hand outs are made with sturdy material. Thankfully when you buy from a local Australian business like Cubic Promote you can rest assured that your mechandise will be up for the job.
Custom Product Ideas For Australia Day
Still not sure what to give out for your Australia Day event or campaign? Here are some of our most popular and recommended products:
- Bottle Openers are a great custom product idea if you're on a budget. Grown up Aussies don't mind cracking open a few bottles of beer, particularly on our national day! These products are also easy to transport and keep on hand.
- Stubby Holders are what your recipients will need once they've used their bottle openers! Another economical product option, stubby coolers keep drinks of all manner chilled during the blazing Aussie summer. They're also easily personalised and reusable throughout the year.
- Promotional Apparel such as hats, caps and t-shirts always go down a treat for patriotic Aussies. Decorate with an Aussie flag or emblazon your logo in green and gold. Recipients will love wearing clothing and headwear designed for this special occasion.
- Bags and Satchels are another fantastic idea if you're after multi-functional products that can be appreciated both on Australia Day and for the rest of the year. Brand your logo for maximum exposure in colours such as green and gold or red and blue!
Promotional Tips & Short Cuts
- A simple product such as a set of temporary tattoos can become a great marketing gift for Australia Day once you've utilised national flag designs or Aussie slogans in traditional colours. You can employ the same concept across the board: drink bottles featuring an Aussie flag design, sunscreen with your logo in green and gold -- the possibilities are endless!
- Another idea is to use your standard design or slogan but print them on a product that really makes you think of Australia, such as plush native animals or an Akubra hat. These items can be used all year round and make particularly good gifts if you have overseas visitors.
- While most of the products we suggest on this subpage can be produced for express deadlines, try to stock up before the big day to ensure you have enough items for all your recipients!